Colorado 4-H Collegiate Scholars
Deadline to apply is September 30, 2013.
The Colorado 4-H Collegiate Scholars program is sponsored by the Colorado Farm Bureau.
4-H Scholars promote the positive experiences they had in 4-H and spend up to 20 hours a month representing 4-H at key activities, speaking at public events, and meeting with stakeholders and donors. For their efforts, each Scholar receives training, public relations support materials, reimbursement for expenses, and a $1,500 annual stipend toward college expenses.
- Be a full time CSU Freshman student
- Have completed at least one year of 4-H membership
Each year one freshman student is selected. He/she may continue to serve throughout their college career - advancing with each grade level - as long as their grades and activity commitments are met. The freshmen applicants must be willing to make a four-year commitment.
To apply, students must submit the following by November 5, 2012.
- Complete résumé that includes 4-H experiences, years in projects, leadership and speaking experiences and skills, community service activities, work-related experiences, awards and special recognitions.
- A (draft) letter of thanks to the Colorado Farm Bureau thanking them for their contribution and funding support for the 4-H Scholars Program.
- A short paragraph (100 words or less) explaining why they wish to become involved in the 4-H Scholars Program; a personal statement of desire for the Scholar position.
- Individuals applying will make a 10-minute presentation before the selection committee on "the scope of 4-H today and what 4-H has meant to them."
Please send application materials to:
Colorado 4-H Foundation
4040 Campus Delivery, CSU
Fort Collins, CO 80523
Current 4-H Collegiate Scholars:
- Amanda Watson, Senior
- Lauren Migliaccio, Sophmore
- Jessica Mullen, Sophomore
- Kortnee Spelts, Freshman